The voice of silence



Sit next to me,
Let me talk.
For once keep quiet!
Say nothing,
Don’t talk.

'You talk too much!' she says,
And never listen!
But I do,I say..
I always listen..

To everything, that everyone says 

Yet ,you say I don’t..

Do you listen to yourself she asked?
I said..
I don't.

And then she walked away..

Left me in a trance,
I closed my eyes and gave myself a chance..

I shut out the world,
The noise and the crowd;
And wondered what’s within me..
A burning flame, a beating heart and a tiny voice
That never screams, seldom does it shout.

I sit with it every night, listening to its innocent whispers..
I shut out the world,
The noise and the crowd,
And hear my silence…a bit loud..

Sometimes I hear the sea waves roaring,
Sometimes I see the sea waves soaring.
Sometimes I hear me talking to myself,
Giving me company in a world so alone;
Showing me dreams,
Some day I may own...

I wonder why I took so long 
To listen to the silent song ?
A song that my voice sings
My voice of silence
Such joy it brings!

Yes,there are sorrows and tears too,
There are worries and fears too,
I hear my voice jumping up and down,
Wondering what’s going wrong..

And then I see myself, comforting my silence
Telling it ,that all will be all right
And that it’s been a long night.

So we hug each other and just smile,
Together we decide to travel another mile..

And keep talking..
Listening to our silence and keep talking..


 This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.

Popular posts from this blog

Set me free

The art of feeling inferior

The joy of being broken